Monday, July 14, 2008
Fourth Stop: Rome (May 26th to May 29th)
Rome has so much to see, we had to hit the ground running. We stopped at the Monumento a Vittorio Emanuele II and the Palazzo Venezia on our way to the Spanish Steps. The streets in Rome are so colorful and scenic you feel like taking a picture every time you look around you. The pace of the city is fast; the food gorgeous.
Early the following morning, we took a guided tour of Vatican City. We were amazed at the monumental beauty of the Vatican Museum with its works of art, the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica, and Piazza San Pedro. We then visited the Castel Sant’ Angelo, which has a beautiful view of the Tevere River and the Vatican. Walking through the Ponte Sant’ Angelo and working our way through the Piazza Navona, we arrived at the Pantheon, one of the architectural wonders of the world. We then returned to Piazza Navona, a delightful and lively place at night. Gerardo felt like he was taking the “Angels and Demons” tour...
We started the following day by visiting the Campidoglio, and then we proceeded to the Roman Forum Area and Palatine Hill, where we spent a good part of the day. The Colosseum was next. We loved everything we saw related to Ancient Rome. Later that evening, we went to the Fontana di Trevi, where I tossed a coin in hope of returning to Rome some day. We dined at Trastevere.
Our last day in Rome was a little crazy. We visited the Galleria Borghese. We took the bus to get there at the Piazza del Popolo. The bus was so packed, Gerardo and I ended up in opposite sides. When we arrived at the Galleria Borghese, I could not step down from the bus because the people in front of me would not let me go through. Next thing I saw was Gerardo on the side walk. I stepped down at the following stop. I was kind of lost for a few minutes, but then we found each other and enjoyed the museum together. Later that day, we took the train to Venice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment