Second weekend in October. 6:30 AM. Gerardo and Sergio are ready to go. The Ten for Texas Race would start at 7:30 AM.
8:15 AM. Mile 5. Gerardo approaches, still side by side with Sergio. I am impressed. He is running as he is just getting warmed up. I must admit I thought by this point he would be walking...

...but not only did he not stop for a walk half-way through, he never stopped running. He even sped up during the second half of the race...
Neither of us believed how well he did... considering his training. In the words of Kelly Vowles: "No offense, but your training sucks!"
Fortunately, his meager training combined with great weather conditions and 1,700+ people with the same objective in mind allowed him to finish the race at a faster-than-usual pace. Congratulations, Babe! You made all of us proud!






1 comment:
Congrats Gerardo!! Ive heard that you usually do better in a race with all the adrenaline and motivated people around you!! Great job! There is an Iron Man on the Big Island every October...you may have to up your training a bit ;)
Post a Comment