Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Remembering my dear brother Byron!


My dear brother Byron was born exactly on my first birthday. For this reason, we always said we were twins. Byron is the third of five siblings....

I remember the good times we spent together, when we went to the beach as a family, our trips to my grandfather’s ranch, when we celebrated our birthdays together, and our trips both within Guatemala as well as abroad. I also remember the days we laughed together, when we used to play, and when you used to tease me. I also remember the time in our lives when I was taller than you, which you did not like. I have great memories of your nobleness, your smile, and the jokes you used to make. We always knew we could count on you. You were with me during that very beautiful day in my life when I got married. After having moved to the US, during our visits to Guatemala with Gerardo and the girls, we also spent good times together. I really enjoyed having visited with you in Peten, Guatemala, and I liked shopping at the clothing store you had opened there. I remember you gave me a black blouse you had in stock, which I had really liked. I also remember that you loved playing with your nieces and nephews. It saddens me to think we will no longer be close to you, but we know that we will see you again. I will always treasure in my heart all the moments we spent together. I want you to know that we love you and that you will always be in our hearts.

2 comments:

The Dunham's said...

Oh Ingrid...Im so sorry for your loss. Your post brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful tribute to your brother! Thank you for sharing....please know my thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

Anonymous said...

Ver esas fotos me trajeron buenos recuerdos!!!! Sé que alguien dia estaremos todos juntos.... T.Q.M
Claudia